About jQuery history
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8+
- Safari 4 and 5+
- Google Chrome 4+
This plugin is built on hashchange event, which is defined in HTML5 and supported in most modern browsers. Unless it is supported the plugin works on some fallback mechanisms:
- monitoring location.hash by setInterval (Safari 4)
- iframe and setInterval (IE 6, 7, and compatibility mode on IE8)
- IE6, 7, and IE8 compatibility mode
- Back/forward button will not work if you refresh the page and the document is reloaded.
- IE8 standards mode
- The current hash will not be recorded in the history if you update the URL hash by hand or loading bookmarks.
- IE6, 7, and 8
- When you redirect the browser to the page where you are using the history plugin, modifying the hash results in a reload, and therefore the plugin will not work properly.